Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Diary of a bereaved Mother:



I was part of a documentary for the Baby Loss Awareness Week: Oct 9th to 15th. This was showed on National TV on Sunday.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sands-Auckland-Central/112396652171998

Some bereaved mothers and dads went to a park by the beach and released balloons.

Fellow Blogger Scriptor Senex commented on my Photos Site.

Thanks Scriptor Senex, I always feel empathy from fellow bereaved parents and those grandparents and those close friends.

You did a great job, how long ago did your son die? We never fully get over our loss, don't we. Though this year, I am philosophical about not having Andrew. I tell myself, he made me a writer because he died. Otherwise, I will just be a amateur writer.

Many husbands including mine belong to stiff upper lip group, the category that we should accept and move on. I wrote in my book how I wished he continued to attend the Sands meetings.

I go to the Sands meetings, and more women attend the meetings than men. Those men who attend, they are very good.The meetings are not just for their wives but for themselves too.

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Dear Ann, I am so very very sorry for the loss of your little boy. I think you are a very courageous woman to write his story and to share it with us. I don't know what else to say except if I could meet you in person I would give you a big hug!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Ann, I finally get to see you! You are beautiful, and I can see your inner beauty shining through!! You are also becoming quite famous, and a real activist. But in such a sad way. I know you would trade everything to have your baby back. But the world needs you, moms need you.