Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Guest Post



I dedicate this photo, a big strong tree to all the Mesothelioma Cancer sufferers. In New Zealand, we have a term Kia Kaha, which means be strong. I used this term for myself at the end of my book, Diary of a bereaved Mother.

I recently had an email from a David Haas if I would allow guest hosts on my blog. I went into his blog and found that he and I share the same passion. Making greater awareness of Cancer. I am linking his site here and also the Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance. Prior to this, I have not even heard of the word Mesothelioma,

Hi Ann,

I stumbled across your blog and noticed the great content on your site. I am wondering if you allow guest posts because I recently have been researching and writing about how beneficial cancer support networks and also staying physically fit is to people going through treatments, in remission, and even family members of cancer patients. I believe an article on one of those two topics would mesh with your blog very well and also benefit your readers tremendously. This is an important message to get out there so please let me know if you would be interested in seeing it and sharing it with your readers.

Thank you for all you do in making a difference,

David Haas
http://www.facebook.com/people/David-Haas/100002194392208

David Haas
Mesothelioma Cancer Alliance Guest Blogger -
http://www.mesothelioma.com/blog/

Advice From Haas

1. If you love someone make sure they know it
2. Don't take things for granted
3. Live your life to the fullest
4. Enjoy the great days and try to be positive during the bad days
5. Spend as much time with your family and friends as you can - life is not meant to be lived alone
6. Always be polite - Chivalry is not dead
7. Speak Up - Tell people when things bother you, tell people when things make you happy
8. Laugh uncontrollably
9. Nothing can't be done - strive for the impossible
10. Nobody is perfect so show your imperfections because that is what makes you an individual

Sometimes I don't always follow my advice but here are some things I try to live by. Life is too short to not live to the fullest - I hope you enjoy.

Haas



http://apps.facebook.com/yourlifecontest/content/diary-bereaved-mother
Vote for my story, you can vote once a day. Voting finishes on November 15th. Thanks.

6 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

These things to do are very good! There are commercials all over our T.V. stations by lawyers. They want to represent people who have mesothelioma. Because a lot of it is caused by breathing in things at work, like asbestos. Unfortunately, most people die before the lawsuits are finalized, because the courts are so slow.

Marja said...

What a great cause to work for. There is so much suffering going on and I loved the advice from this man

Jo said...

What a great cause, Ann. Glad you also connected with another blogger with the same passion against cancer. I have a blogger friend who's dad is dying from cancer. She mailed me this morning and said how he'd deteriorated, physically and while not mentally, many days he doesn't recognise her and says there are other people (her deceased mother) and a former pet dog in the room with him. Thanks for sharing this post and that of David Haas. Bless you for caring. Jo

Reader Wil said...

This is a very important message and I am going to send it to my children, if you don't mind.

Wandering Thought said...

Fantastic post, Ann, both from you and David Haas. I know someone who has just passed away from mesothelioma.

Leora said...

I get so sad when I read of cancer deaths. My mother died of cancer, and I knew too many others, including a classmate when I was in 4th grade.

Best wishes to you and your family to have the strength to move forward. Kia Kaha - I like that.