Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Photohunt: a special texture, Polar fleece




The Water Engineer  complains I wear my red hoodie everywhere.

My little six old French-Spanish student asked me if I voted. Who did you vote? I told her I wore red. I know, you voted Helen Clark.

Polar fleece usually referred to simply as "fleece," is a soft napped insulating synthetic fabric made from Polyethylene terephthalate (PET) or other synthetic fibers. Other names for this fabric are "Polar Wool", "Vega Wool" or "Velo Wool", however the names of the composition suggests organic materials being used, fleece is 100% Polyethylene Terephthalate. One of the first forms was Polar Fleece created in 1979 by Malden Mills, now Polartec LLC., a new, light and strong pile fabric meant to mimic and in some ways surpass wool. Fleece has some of wool's finest qualities but weighs a fraction of the lightest available woollens.

Polar fleece is used in jackets, hats, sweatersjogging bottoms/sweatpants, gym clothes, hoodies, inexpensive throw blankets, and high-performance outdoor clothing, and can be used as a vegan alternative to wool. It can be made partially from recycled plastic bottles and is very light, soft and easy to wash.[1]
Aaron Feuerstein intentionally declined to patent Polar fleece, allowing the material to be produced cheaply and widely by many vendors, leading to the material's quick and wide acceptance.[2][3][4]


http://gattina-eyholepictures.blogspot.co.nz/2011/11/list-of-photo-hunting-themes.html
http://gattina-keyholepictures.blogspot.com  

No comments: