Thursday, July 2, 2015

save our world/save our ears







http://reducefootprints.blogspot.com/

In the Chinese culture, it is a luxurious sensation for the men to have their hair cut, facial hair shaved and their ears dug to remove the wax. My aunt and uncle had a hairdressing and barber shop, and it was fascinating watching the barbers dig their client's ear. They have a whole set of tools to do it.

The Chinese dig their ears and there is no question about it. My sister used to line us up, we lied down on her thigh, and she dug our ears with a little digger which had a tiny spoon at the ear. When I grew older, and my sister left home, it was my turn.

At the Windsor University, I actually read about this ear digging thing, and some one actually did a study. Chinese ears have dry flaky wax, White people have gluey wax.

The doctors tell us not to dig our ears, or use the cotton buds to poke our ears. If it is necessary, you go to them, and they have a special syringe to flush the wax out with water directed into the ear. But that didn't work for my Dad.

My Dad had so much wax, my sister in law and I performed an enormous job on digging his ears, and I told him, no wonder he was getting deaf.

This January, I was at a relative's house. One of the girls came back with wax candle. We performed the procedure on the Dad. I helped and we giggled at the same time. You lit the candle and stuck it into the ear. When the candle stopped burning, there were residual flakes. I don't know if they were wax, there certainly was a lot from our guinea pig.

Ear candling, also called ear coning or thermal-auricular therapy, is an alternative medicine practice claimed to improve general health and well-being by lighting one end of a hollow candle and placing the other end in the ear canal. According to medical researchers, it is both dangerous and ineffective.[2] Claims that the practice removes earwax are highly controversial.


No comments: