Monday, December 28, 2015

ABC Wed: Letter Y


 I am wondering if those measurement can be regarded as a yardstick?
 a yellow sign
 You

school yard

 My handsome guide, Robin telling me about these woolly poles. Cheeky me, I coaxed him to let me take his photo. I told him, we were outside the shop. They call this yarn bombing. May be because I am a grand child of the war. I hate waste.  Knitting takes a long time. To have precious knitting exposed to weathering, fade and tatters and become ugly is not me. In some places, they even wrap tall trees.
In Shenzhen, China , yarn bombing were introduced to wrap trees to keep them warm. It is meant with mixed feeling.

http://abcwednesday-mrsnesbitt.blogspot.co.nz/

6 comments:

Reader Wil said...

Excellent words for " Y". Happy New Year.
Wil, ÁABCW Team

Unknown said...

With the wish for you and your loved ons, that this year will be the best ever for you till now.... i want to thank you for your loyal contribution every week in 'our' meme. I hope to may greet you many time to come again.

Nice choices for this weeks entry.

Have a nice ABC-day / ABC-week
♫ M e l o d y ♫ (abc-w-team)

Leslie: said...

Happy New Year, Ann. Great post for Week Y.

Leslie
abcw team

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

nice.
happy new year.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Gee, now I wonder if trees do feel cold in winter. They are living things after all. Maybe, I'd wrap yarn around trees, but not poles. Unless, it's an art statement. Maybe.
Happy New Year, Ann!

Roger Owen Green said...

DEFINITELY a yardstick in the proverbial sense!

ROG, ABCW