Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sunday Stills: The letter "C"








Sunday Stills,the next challenge: The Letter “C”
Posted in Sunday Stills, the next challenge with tags Sunday Stills Challenge on October 11, 2009 by Ed

So whatever you can find that begins with the letter C, either a thing or a situation will do. This should keep ya busy for the week..:-))

http://sundaystills.wordpress.com


I am a teacher of English for second language, and with little children, I use stories and often adapt them to their level.

The Three Little Pigs:

The first little pig built his house of straw.

Little pig, little pig, Let me come in.

No! No! No! Not by the hair of my chinny chinny chin chin,

Then I will blow your house in.

The wolf blew like a cyclone.

The house of straw became a heap of dried grass.



Little pig, little pig, Let me come in.

No! No! No! Not by the hair of my chinny chinny chin chin,

Then I will burn your house down.

The house of sticks became charred.


Little pig, little pig, Let me come in.

No! No! No! Not by the hair of my chinny chinny chin chin,

Then I will climb down from your chimney and eat you up.

The little pigs had a copper cauldron of boiling water.

Then big bad wolf fell into the cauldron.


My kids love this story, especially when I come to the "No! No! No! Not by the hair of my chinny chinny chin chin," You see, my married name is CHIN, and the children think it is very funny to have a surname like Chin.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha i liked your little story along with your photos very nice :)

Flo said...

Great photos and I love the story!! Very cute!!!!

June said...

Wonderfully creative approach to this challenge! ...more than just pictures!

Anonymous said...

Very creative. Lots of 'c' letters here. :):)

Barry said...

I loved how unexpectedly personal that story was for you, and your kid's reaction.

The pictures were perfect.

Ebie said...

Me, too, I love the story and how they relate that to your last name!

Very creative on this "C" challenge!

Ebie's Letter "C".

flowerweaver said...

Very nice photos to go with the story! I'm glad you are keeping up the tradition of storytelling, it seems to be a lost art these days. Good work!

Larry said...

Just thought I'd stop by and say thanks for visiting my blog. to answer your question... Do I write full time yes i do but thank god above it's not how I make my living .. smiles.
click here and read

Unknown said...

Hey...I never thought it was funny to have a surname like Chin, its probably the top 5 most have surname in China...until you mention this piggy 'chin' poetry...now I am seeing the Chin in a different light, tks for you :P

Anonymous said...

chin, chan, chen, Tan, Ting, Ding are all the same surnames for the Mandarin CHEN. This is why it is one of the most popular surnames of the Chinese people. It is spelt differently according to the different dialects.

Thomas Lee/Lee Lip Pang said...

Hi Ann, thanks for the chimney photos and for the nice story