Thursday, September 25, 2014

Tracy Mulgrew, singing from the heart




Tracy Mulgrew  have a lot in common. We live in New Zealand. The main thing is something I wish I knew her from different circumstances.

We both are bereaved mothers. Tracy lost her daughter to cancer at 10 years. Honestly her grief is deeper than mine as Andrew was just 55 days. 

Bereavement brings out some latent talent in us. Tracy shares her grief in song and poems. They are beautiful and they are sang from the bottom of her heart. Just like I express mine in writing.

I've written nine songs now, all of them unique. The local radio station has been playing some of them but home recordings and said I should go and get them recorded professionally, have been in contact with polytechnic in invercargill as they have an audio/sound production course, the guy is putting it to his students to see if it's one they want to take on. Curtis and I reworked this first song I ever wrote, it's adapted from a poem I wrote not long after Jessica's death. I was thinking if I did get a CD made I could give it away but ask for donations for Child Cancer instead.

Tracy has also helped other bereaved parents by forming the Bereaved Parents of NZ on facebook
Bereaved Parents of NZ.

Thanks Tracy. Paki Paki and Kia Keha.

 https://soundcloud.com/tracy-mulgrew/how-could-i-lose-her

No comments: