Thursday, August 3, 2017

Mary Anne Vaz , artist with a heart







Mary Anne Vaz  , facebook maryannevazartist This is at my Art Booth during the Borneo Fashion Week.
I am an artist. My art works feature woven basket. I am painting now.
I live in Miri. Since 1987. I m married to a Kelabit. My art feature the beauty of Sarawak: nature and culture. My mum is Hokkien, my dad is Portuguese. My hometown is Penang. My hubby is Marcus Raja
I have great admiration for people who are gifted and talented with their hands and a warm and big heart . Mary Anne Vaz caught my attention when she posted a weaved basket with her painting. 
The Penan tribe of Sarawak:
The Penan are a nomadic indigenous people living in Sarawak and Brunei, although there is only one small community in Brunei; among those in Brunei half have been converted to Islam, even if only superficially. Penan are one of the last such peoples remaining as hunters and gatherers.

Penan people - Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penan_people
 
 

No comments: