Thursday, March 22, 2018

The Kuching Civic Centre letter K



The Kuching Civic Centre Malay: Dewan Suarah Kuching) is a major landmark in Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia. The building was officially opened on 1 August 1988 following the proclamation of Kuching as a city status.

This was where I gate crashed a wedding. I invited myself to a Malay/Muslim wedding.
There is a sweet story behind this. I rang up my muslim friend, J who went to school with me. We had not seen each other for many many years. When I rang her, she said she was going to her niece wedding. I asked if I could go because I have never been to one. She invited me.

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEhIPOeqFFWcF3elBuguZS6XlgCF2bnmK-qnI0Dt_XTCZvFLW7e2rjGWy5K1oA3q6Gx6JuOvhWb0wMlQ-Xz-QsEvjqEkJOrNAdRKhrouMaMRATpu1axf84T6QC8ON3lNrxt52gpC8-50gHQ/s320/ann+kuching+singapore+134.JPG
She told me the wedding was at this posh place, the Civic centre .

My friend was late, and I waited a long time. 


The hostess of the wedding waved to me to come to her wedding when she saw me waiting for a long time. I was dressed in an elegant Malaysian dress like this one I was wearing. The kebaya.

https://abcwednesday.com/


Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing

3 comments:

Cherry Pie said...

Lovely dress. Beautiful unique building.

Roger Owen Green said...

that's an interesting building

ABC-Wednesday said...

Very interesting indeed

Have a splendid, ♥-warming ABC-Wednes-day / -week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♪ (ABC-W-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/22-k