Thursday, November 27, 2008

Mother-in-law's tongue



Who ever named this plant long Mother-in-law tongue and short Mother-in-law tongue must be a vicious person.The Scientific name is Sansevieria trifasciata.It is also commonly called the snake plant, because of the shape of its leaves, or mother-in-law's tongue because of their sharpness.

The Chinese have a saying, "A kitchen can't have two women."

A friend from China refused to take this plant. She felt it was disrespectful. She said, if it was anything, the long tongue should be aptly called daughter-in-law.

I never lived with my Mother-in-law who lives in Malaysia. If I have, my tongue will probably grow longer than Pinocchio's nose.

***This is actually a good plant, it helps obsorb dangerous rays from your TV and Computer***

***Reader's comment: also known as sun sin kim ( God's sword).***

Makes me think twice before I use my tongue for behold the Sun Sin Kim will do justice.

No comments: