Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Sunday stills: Your favourite photos.

Sunday Stills. the next challenge: Your Best Shot of 2009
Posted in Sunday Stills Challenge of the Week, the next challenge with tags Sunday Stills on January 3, 2010 by Ed
A simple challenge just pick your 2 favorite pics from the last years challenges and tell why they are your favorites.
http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/



We went to Mt Ruapehu and the kids skied and we frolicked in the snow and tobogganed with our boogie board. Ruapehu is not just a place to ski. The Chateau Tongarirois one of NZ's historic national icons with unsurpassed views of Tongariro National Park. We couldn't afford the Chateau, we stayed at Crusader's lodge which is an Alpined building and I was reminded of the Swiss Alps.

In fact you can visit any time, the view is stunning. The water engineer went on the Tongariro Crossing in summer and marveled at the volcanic formation and beautiful natural features of lakes of different hues.

The Ruapehu District located in the central North Island of New Zealand. It includes the world heritage Tongariro National Park - home to Mount Ruapehu, Mount Ngauruhoe and Mount Tongariro. Also the Whanganui National Park - home to an abundance of flora and fauna, and the mystical Whanganui River - the longest navigable river in New Zealand.There are many walking tracks for trekkers if the snow has melted.Some people even trek in winter.

These two photos were posted at my other site ann-mythoughtsandphotos before I joined SundayStills.

Right now, I am sweltering in the hottest ever weather in Australia. I am dreaming of a White Christmas and New Year. You can imagine why these are my two favourite pics.

16 comments:

Ed said...

Very cool shots, I can see why they are your faves..:-)

Superman said...

Nice shots and nice trip. I never ski before. Wonder when I will have the chance. I am your little bro. Grad in 98 in Methodist. Glad to know that we are from the same old school.

Cheryl said...

Oh how lovely. I would love to have the heat and gladly send you alot of the snow on my lawn.

flowerweaver said...

Those are beautiful shots, thanks for the informational background. I'm glad you are thinking cool in your heat wave. I can commiserate after our unusual summer. Have a wonderful holiday Ann!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Excellent photos Ann..very cool looking! :)

chang yi said...

Lovely photos...I like White Snow...on mountain tops...but now with all the killer snow storms I have to be careful with my wish!!

Hope you have cooler temps. Cheers.

Anonymous said...

i really adore the 2nd photo, the sun rays are beautiful

Tammy Vasa said...

Both beautiful, serene shots!

Lori Skoog said...

Not only are the photos great, I love what you wrote.

allhorsestuff said...

Beautiful shots and location is dreamy...sorry for the HOT stuff...endure and take some nice photos!
Loved the description!
KK

allhorsestuff said...

Beautiful shots and location is dreamy...sorry for the HOT stuff...endure and take some nice photos!
Loved the description!
KK

Dave said...

Liked your photos Ann. Th mountains look great! - Dave

Jama said...

The first shot is really magnificent! I hope I get a chance to visit NZ again, to see again the beautiful scenery NZ has to offer, especially the snow-capped mountains but the family is not keen on traveling with me anymore.It's much easier when they are much younger and would follow me everywhere!

Brenda said...

love the sun coming down through from the corner of the photo.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Sorry all, I am traveling and not able to comment your sites. I will do so when I can.

Thank you all for commenting.

Regular Guy said...

Beautiful shots. Hope it cools off for you.