Tuesday, February 20, 2018

ABC G for goose







not sure why this goose has feathers like this. Looks like a Sebastopol Goose, a big ball of fluff.
Image may contain: bird, grass, outdoor and natureWhat makes the Sebastopol so unique are its curly feathers, giving it that “curly perm” look. The frizzled feathers are the result of a genetic mutation and curl due to the lack of a rigid feather spine or quill. The feathers curl downwards and are up to four times the length of the feathers found in other geese.

 a mother goose protects her clutch of eggs. been in NZ for more than 25 years. the only time I saw this.

I learned this nursery rhyme as a child. When my daughter was a toddler, I was an administrator in a creche. Some parents were unhappy for their kids to learn it. They say it is too violent. They said we shouldn't be teaching our kids about kicking so and so the stairs. 

Goosey goosey gander,
Whither shall I wander?
Upstairs and downstairs
And in my lady's chamber.
There I met an old man
Who wouldn't say his prayers,
So I took him by his left leg
And threw him down the stairs


https://abcwednesday.com/


No comments: