Friday, April 24, 2009

Anzac Day: Lest we forget



Families with babies, and young kids brave the gale and rain.

Auckland is very cosmopolitian. She has the biggest Polynesian population in the world. here a Polynesian group in the Parade.

I managed to get a snap shot of the old vets. The photo isn't clear because the weather was really dull and grey.


Here is a Dad and his young kids going to the service.
I wrote about Anzac day in my Book:http://annkschin.blogspot.com/2008/11/mail-order-bride-chapter-1-norman.html
In New Zealand, families of all generations go to the parade. Most have had garnd parents who fought in the war. I have a friend J.A. who was there. She's in her 80s, and every year, she marches in the parade.  I wish I could post a photo of her here, but I didn't ask her permission.

No comments: