Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Breastscreen Aotearoa




This is another reason why I say New Zealand is such a good country to live in. We get a free screening mammogram every two years if we are aged 45-69 years old.

When I was living in Singapore, I had to pay a lot of money to get my screening done.

Mammograms are not a topic that women like to talk about, but it is important. They can save lives. Some women of certain ethnic groups do not like to be screened.

I had my screening in this building which looks quite nice.

www.breastscreen.govt.nz

5 comments:

Jama said...

Singaporean above the age of 45 get a subsidize rate of $50 for the mammogram , to be done at the Polyclinic. Time for me to make an appointment, almost forgot about that.

Jama said...

The last scan was done a year ago, I'm suppose to call and make another appointment this year. Will do tomorrow.
Big or small sure OUCH, after all kenna pancaked by the machine! good thing it's only for a few second, I was afraid the breast will stay that way or worst explode! lol

I'm staying in a flat in Ang Mo Kio.You looked Chinese, are you one?

Inday said...

No Ann, even if it is Free, I never want my chest to be pressed by that mammoth machine. So I never ever have one.

We are going to Taupo for our yearly festival called The Feast of Tabernacles found in Deut 16 and Lev 23.

Yes, we are flying over, then take a car to do sightseeing on the way to Taupo and back!

GingerV said...

Just had mine - good ol US of A I was private pay so the cost was nearly 300.00 (with discounts) but it is done for another year and all was well

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Bonnie,

You are very brave.

when you come to NZ, you will watch community messages encouraging women to have the screen. After I get the result and I wonder, what a waste of pain. But then if I never went, I might never get peace.

Cheers,

Ann