Monday, May 21, 2012

Outdoor Wed/Thursday Song: Goodbye Robin Gibbs

And the Children laughing: The happiest time for children is the day Santa comes to town.

The children might still be singing, but to many grown ups especially those of my generation, we are not singing. Robin Gibbs of the Bee Gees died of cancer at 62. He died on Sunday after a long suffering.

Last November, he toured New Zealand with the Pointer Sisters. The water engineer and I went to listen to him, a birthday present from our daughter.

I choose this song because I love children, and I work with them: And the Children laughing

Thank you Robin, thank you all the Bee Gee brothers, for making us laugh.






http://youtu.be/7V6dOKOp8bI

And The Children Laughing :
 Ah......
 Well, I've been working up a fever trying to
 straighten up the mess in my mind about this place,
 I can't contain myself anymore,
 can't you see it's written all over my face?
 Why don't you get on your feet?
 It's about time you got to think
 whatever happened to peace?
 Well, open your eyes and you'll see children laughing,
 voices singing, hearts beating.

 You're always talking right and talking about
 the world and its corruption and moral decay,
 but what you gonna do about it? Nothing,
 'cause you're more like children than children while they play,
 Why you're so clean through and through you won't shake hands
 with a negro who's maybe cleaner than you.
 Well, listen around and you'll hear children laughing,
 voices singing, hearts beating like they always do,
 so what's wrong with you?

 You're so blown up with anger about the world,
 you write the songs about it all,
 yet you don't even know your neighbour's name.
 And now you want to go to the moon and live there,
 when you know it'll only end up the same.
 How can he give you any gratitude,
 with your endless sickening attitude?
 You strive to get ahead
 but you leave each other dead.
 Can't you see children laughing,
 voices singing, hearts beating like they always do?
 So what's wrong with you?

 Children laughing, voices singing hearts beating.
 Children laughing, voices singing, hearts...







12 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

We love the Bee Gees, now there is only Barry left. So cool that you got to actually see him live!!

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a wonderful tribute to the Bee Gees...the loss was so sad.

'Love that sweet song!

God bless ya and have a fabulous day!!! :o)

Daddy said...

I grew up with Bee Gees too and indeed sad to hear another legend departing to a better place. Simply goes to show that I am getting old too.....:)

Ensurai said...

Robin and I were born in the same year and I have enjoyed the Bee Gees since 1962....even before we had tv in our own homes!!

I first bought a cassette with their songs..and it was a really precious acquisition. With an old player I would listen to the Bee Gees may be 100 times? Mum would be exasperated. Those were the days....and now only their tunes will remain in our heads....

I am sure Robin is amongst the angels in heaven.

Lighthousegal said...

I too love the Bee Gees and their music. I definitely listened to them a lot in my teen years. So many great memories.
Great photos you chose for this song. There is nothing like the laughter of a child!
Happy Thursday!

Faith Hope and Cherrytea said...

lovely commemorative post..
glad you could attend his concert~

reminding me also of Donna Summer passing just last week at 63. sad.

Gattina said...

I liked the Bee Gees too, they were part of my young years !

Lina Gustina said...

I also like many songs of the Bee Gees. May Robin rest in peace.

Thanks for your visit, Ann :)

www.womenandperspectives.com

Hootin Anni said...

Wonderful Ann....what great memories you've given us with your fine tribute.

Kay L. Davies said...

So sad about Robin Gibbs. I didn't realize he had died, and much too young. Great that you got to see him perform.
Good song choice, Ann.
K

Linda said...

Wonderful tribute! And the photos of the children were great!

Eden said...

Bee Gees is one of my favourites and so sad to hear the news about Robin