Saturday, May 19, 2012

Sunday Stills Pink:: Sands Manukau

 
Sands mums wear pink hearts and butterflies to the memory of their deceased babies we call angels. Here is Sarah Numan  who runs Sands Manukau 24 hours. She has 3 angels, Hope, Noah , Willow and 5 living living. 
A Sands mum, I should ask Sarah if this mum has two angels.
 The "feathers" that lined the course were flapping high.  "Run Sarah Run." This was 2010. She didn't run this year, but was there to man the stand.
 The finish line was pink.
 2010 stand, lots of pink things you can't see. They reach out to people in their greatest time of needs and give them support..
 2012, the words of their mission in their banners were pink
 The women who ran and the women who stayed at the stand. Sarah with Josie Apelu, Sonia Prasad, Nina Numan, Annie OChen and Heather Clark.
 Baby Loss Awareness (NZ), sandscoromandel@gmail.com  makes goodies.

 Booties that our babies didn't wear and worn out. I keep a pair too for my Andrew.
 Stickers with names of our babies who had become angels., 2010. Look below, where Annie is standing, the heart is now covered with pink and blue stickers of our angels' names in 2012.

 The sky turned out a pink show.
For all the Sands mums, a cyber pink rose bud for you from me.

There is a group of very active women and men in Manukau in Greater Auckland who belong to a club I sadly belong to. It is the club of bereaved parents or Sands.  Like me, they are belong not my choice but by compulsion. Because they themselves had gone through the pain of losing their babies, they understand and are better to comfort other parents. These ladies do a lot more than other chapters. 

They took part in the Duathlon either by running or manning the stand at Ambury Regional Park at Mangere Bridge.

These are the photos I took from their Facebook during the 2010 and 2012 event.

 
Contact Info
Website
Email
admin@sandsmanukau.co.nz

Hi Ed, a very unusual occasion for Pink. Thanks for this challenge. Just the right opportunity for my cause.

http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/

Sunday Stills, the next challenge: The Colour Pink

4 comments:

wenn said...

great event..

eileeninmd said...

HI Ann, it is a great event. I'm sure everyone was remembering their angels. I can not even imagine your loss. I hope you are having a great weekend!

Unknown said...

So love this event. I don't know if they do this in USA ... my angel I carry in my heart.

TY for sharing, Ann

TTFN ~
Have a great eve ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Ginny Hartzler said...

Things like this give so much support and let you know you are not alone in your feelings, and also give you a community of supporters!