Friday, March 28, 2014

FSO: Silo park.






Middle photo courtesy Silo Park.

went to an open air movie with the kids. I remember 36 years ago, I went with a friend. I didn't enjoy it because it was freezing cold. WE left after the movie commenced.

Tonight, the kids were well equipped with a mattress, sleeping bags, duvets, pillows. I was so snugged, a good experience, a tick for my bucket list.

The screen was projected on an old silo.

The silos are disused. They are not the oldest building, but they must be pretty old. Built in the 1960s, the 'six pack' has been used ever since to store 7200 ton of dry cement at a time. In future it is planned to be incorporated into a civic building at the western end of Jellicoe Street.

Silo Park, Auckland - Eventfinda

www.eventfinder.co.nz/venue/silo-park-auckland
Silo Park, Corner of Beaumont and Jellicoe Street, Auckland. Guide for Silo Park events. Located in Wynyard Quarter on the corner of Beaumont and Jellicoe ...

6 comments:

Ruth Kelly said...

Even though not in use, the silos seem to be well cared for.

Unknown said...

looks like a lot of fun. a movie on a silo I would never have thought of that.

Pauline said...

Great choice, Anna. Might not be the oldest but will surely be one of the most unusual.

Gattina said...

That's a rather strange outside cinema !

GingerV said...

Great old building - I was born in 1950 - ten years before your silos and I fee pretty old.
good to get things checked off the bucket list - shows we are still moving forward.
ginger

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

HOw cool is that ... I'd love to watch an outdoor movie all comfortable with blankets and people I loved!

Ann, you asked a question on my blog about the guys catching crawfish. You wanted to know what the yellow buckets were for. They used them to transfer the crawfish from the traps to gunny sacks. Then they took them to the place where they were going to sell them. Thanks for dropping by.