Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Outdoor Wednesday: skiing in NZ





http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com

This is for Khengsiong. This is what I used to dream of when I was growing up in Borneo. "I am dreaming of a white Christmas."

In Auckland, winter is just cold and usually wet, gusty wind and squalls. Occasionally we have frost and hail, and lots of rain. You can drive 4 or 5 hours to the mountain, and you can ski at Mt Ruapehu.
http://ann-mythoughtsandphotos.blogspot.com/2009/02/skiing-at-mt-ruapehu.html

These are my cousin Alicia's photos.

8 comments:

Lorac said...

Wow! wasn't quite ready to see snow yet! Beautiful view though.

Dave said...

Yes, great Ann if skiing's your thing. Wished I could have afforded it in my younger days. - Dave

Ensurai said...

Lovely to be in the snowy mountains...

LadyFi said...

Now that's what I call a great way to spend some time outdoors. I don't ski, but I do love a good view!

Kerry said...

Brrr. I will dream of this as the weather gets horribly hot here in the next few days.
Do you ski?

Ginny Hartzler said...

Are you somewhere in this picture, buried under all the cold weather clothes? So you are a good skier? We went skiing once, I fell, could not get the skis off or get up, my husband helped me untangle. I spent the rest of the day in the ski lodge drinking hot chocolate while he skied!

Linda said...

Great photos...my sons are anxiously awaiting the snow in our mountains so they can go snow boarding! It is still very much summer here!

SandyCarlson said...

Looks like a great think to do there!