Saturday, May 2, 2009

Sunday Stills,Flowers and Plants





http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/
These bushy plants attracted my attention. It has yellow flowers like an Okra or when I was growng up in Borneo, ladies finger. However, the fruits looks like Roselle. But it is not a pretty red fruit. I don't know if they are edible like the okra and the roselle.
It appears to be a wild plant, but is is grown at the entrance of the Western Springs Garden which houses the Auckland Horticulture Society. So it may well be planted.
I was there only last Wednesday, which means it flowers in late Summer and early Autumn. When I find out more, I will let you know.

16 comments:

Ed said...

Very nice, and welcome to the Sunday Stills Challenge..Ed

Andrea Baker said...

beautiful greener! thank you for sharing.

CTG Ponies said...

Beautiful!!

WhimsybyMari said...

Thanks for sharing, beautiful shots.

Anonymous said...

The flower looks so delicate. Welcome to Sunday Stills.

Sherri said...

Nice shots!

Anonymous said...

I have that plant growing in my garden and can't think of the name of it. Nice!

J9 said...

I like the color of the flowers - very nice!

Anonymous said...

Very good pictures. I don't know the plant but it is very photogenic (sp). Welcome to Sunday Stills.

Flo said...

That flower looks just like the flower that grows on the Hau tree here in Hawaii. The Hau is native to Hawaii (I'm pretty sure) and doesn't have any fruit. Interesting. Great pictures.


Mine's up over at my photo blog.

Andrea said...

Lovely shots...and welcome to Sunday Stills! :)

Kelly said...

Interesting photos...and its such a beautiful flower. Can't wait to find out more :)

gtyyup said...

Very nicely done!! Welcome to Sunday Stills too!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I have no idea what it is, however it is a very nice looking flower:)

gigi said...

Yea!! I'm glad to see you on Sunday Stills too!! Isn't this fun? I need some direction on what to take pictures of.

That is so funny about the chicken dropping flower, yeah they stink here too :)

The beach the GRAND~girls are on is just 2 hours south of where I live, it's St Augustine, Florida. To me it's the most wonderful beach in the world. I grew up just east of ther 26 miles in a small town called Palatka. My parents still live there.

I can't wait until next weeks challenge: Black and White with a twist!? We'll see!

Unknown said...

I love that yellow flower, I think I have a similar one in my garden..though I am quite hopeless when it comes to their names..