Thursday, January 19, 2012

FSO: Glass


a 1920s house has many glass windows, This is a recess. Sometimes, rainbows form from the different angled glass pieces.



To add to my nest of Russian Matryoshka Dolls, I was given a drink glass bottle Matryoshka doll. It was empty when I got it.





I went to Australia, at Surfers Paradise, at the market, I was delighted to see a New Zealander Glass blower artist. I bought a kangaroo and a grand piano.




I went shooting for photos without realising that this week's challenge is glass. I was approaching a senior citizen's retirement village. I chanced on this bus shelter. What a fantastic idea, the bus passengers can look our for the bus and feel dry and warm.

January 20 - Glass: Interesting Windows, Unique Displays, Beautiful Collections...what glassy things can you find to share from your town?






link to Mr Linky at the Friday shoot out link below.
http://mytownshootout.blogspot.com/

14 comments:

Jama said...

That shelter is useful in cold climate, but definitely not in Singapore, too hot to be enclosed like that, unless of course, there's aircon! kekekekkeke

Ensurai said...

Dear Ann
Interesting glass ware..Remember all those glasses we used to get when we ordered Chendole in Sibu? We still have them in the supermarket now and of course most coffee shops still serve their coffee in them. Your article reminds me of the glasses we have here in Sarawak.

GingerV said...

I have never seen a glass Russian Matryoshka Doll - I have one but it is a very thin wood or maybe paper mache - and still (miracle) has all 4 dolls inside. we also have glass enclosed bus stops - keeps out the rain lets in the light - Jama they have gaps between the panels to let in the breeze....

diane b said...

A great collection of glass photos. Thank you for your kind comments. Sorry I don't get here as often as I would like. Sometimes I find it hard to keep up with everyone .

Bagman and Butler said...

I love the clouds and blue sky behind your window and the interesting bus stop. People who wait for buses in glass houses shouldn't throw stones...or something like that. And the kangaroo. I think I would have bought that as well.

Unknown said...

The doll is fascinating. I have never heard of that. When I was a little girl my aunt had a huge display of tiny glass animals. I was forbidden to go near them. LOL
Great shots.
QMM

Suburban Girl said...

I like the glass window, I would love to see the colors that come through.

Tina´s PicStory said...

great shots! ☺

EG CameraGirl said...

I really like that glass window! Super!

DawnTreader said...

I've never seen a Russian doll made of glass before either, only wooden ones.

~JarieLyn~ said...

That glass window is interesting. I bet looks wonderful when the rainbow of colors come through.

Pauline said...

Love your 1920's window - mine is just in a cabinet. I've seen a few of those bus shelters around here at the most frequently used bus stops. And love the little kangaroo - I would have been tempted by that, too.

J9 said...

Love windows in older homes!

ketz said...

This is really a good collection of different glass materials. I wish I also have this kind of collection but I don't have enough budget.

Glass Coaster