Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Jonah Project, save the world, save the whales.


Jonah's friend, dog in his blue T shirt and his friends are out collecting for Jonah. I saw them at Pt Chevalier mall, but sadly I forgot my camera. I chatted with the collector and told him I blogged about Jonah project. No photos, what shall I do? These stickers will suffice, and I repost the old post.

http://www.projectjonah.org.nz/

http://www.facebook.com/projectjonah

It was raining, It was pouring. I meet Sophie in the blue T shirt and her volunteer minder Leisa Cearr. I asked Leisa if I could take a photo of them and do a blog on them. Leisa was most obliquing. She tells me that Sophie was collecting for the Project Jonah, to save the whales.

Ka Pai Sophie, Ka Pai Leisa. It's been a cold week and a wet day.


Project Jonah is a registered charity. We exist for one simple reason – marine mammals desperately need our help. Our vision is to create a world where these animals are respected and protected. And to achieve this we need your support.

Our strength comes from our volunteers; everyday Kiwis that give up their time to help marine mammals through our rescue, action and protection programs. Whether they’re picking up litter on beaches or getting hands on in rescuing stranded whales, they’re out there helping. Whatever the weather.

We’re a New Zealand organisation, with a distinct flavour and feel. We pride ourselves on being passionate, honest, open and down to earth – things that Kiwis are well known for, both here and overseas.

http://annkschin.blogspot.co.nz/2008/11/mail-order-bride-chapter-4-jamie-toy.html

Many years ago, I wrote a novel, I incorporated a group of volunteers trying to save some whales that had beached.

No comments: