Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sunday still:Flying a tiger moth at 80.





http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/
http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/

A bit of green on the plane.

Once in August 2011, I had the best ever holiday I had, apart from the Black Water Rafting I did about 14 years ago at Waitomoto caves.


I went flying, I don't mean flying in a commercial jumbo plane or Fokker friendship. I flew in a tiger moth. Yes, I mean tiger moth.

I went to Christchurch to visit my old friends. They took me to Loburn, to visit Ivan and Sandy Campbell. We were all excited as we drove to North Canterbury to Loburn Abbey airfield, as we knew we were going to fly in this special plane. Our oldest "pilot" today was Mrs. Chew, aged 81. Paki Paki.

Mr.s Chew is my Kai Ma. We didn't think she wanted to fly, but she did. We were so elated and proud of her.

Thoughts of Jean batten conjured in my head. Ivan and Sandra make their own planes and are the creators of the World's only Class leather hard shell flying helmet. Ivan gave us flights and I am so grateful for their generousity.

We all had a marvelous time, looking at the picturesque snow laden mountains, the paddocks, the horses, the sheep and the cows.








3 comments:

islandwonder said...

That looks fun!!!!

Eva said...

Oh, yes, I found the green. And that really looks like fun.

Anonymous said...

Joiing with Eva, got your green and am sure the lady is quite built for it :)