Thursday, March 21, 2013

Letter R for Ride: Andy's Ride to Conquer Cancer.





I am extremely proud of my nephew Andy. He has pledged to Ride and support this good cause. Riding 2 days , 200 kilometer is a mean task. I should say raising money is in the genes. When I was in Singapore, I raised funds for Kenya for 16 years, and I spearheaded raising funds to separate the Siamese twins in NTU.


Support My Ride to Conquer Cancer™
Please Support My Ride to Conquer Cancer. One in Two Men & Women are diagnosed with this horrible disease before the age of 85. I am hoping to make a difference to our community no matter how small.

The Sunsuper Ride to Conquer Cancer benefiting The Chris O'Brien Lifehouse at RPA, is a 200km cycling journey throughout New South Wales countryside.
This year, I am participating in The Sunsuper Ride to Conquer Cancer , a 2-day, October 12-13, 2013 that I am embarking on to fight cancer. It will be a challenge in a number of ways, but with my bike, my helmet, and your generosity, a real impact will be made! 
Cancer is something that has touched all of our lives in some measure. It's my goal to put a stop to that and The Ride is how I am doing my part. That's why I am so passionate about raising funds. Any donation that you can give is greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Regards,
Andy Yuen




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful tribute to your brother ~ so loving and to the fight against cancer ~ bless you ~

Jen said...

I have several people in my family who have died form cancer. Thanks for what you are doing to raise awareness and support.
Love your header photo.

Eden House News and views said...

Good luck on your ride

storybeader said...

Sounds like a wonderful thing to do. I have a friend who cycled across the US for cancer victims - hope Andy enjoys his ride too. {:-Deb

Jenny said...

I will go check out his page!

With taxes upon us money is tight, but I can make a small donation!

Thanks for sharing this important cause with us!

And thanks for linking to the letter "R".

A+

Jenny said...

I made a small donation to help your nephew's walk.

Like an idiot, though, I wrote I had read about it on his 'sisters blog'. I mean to write 'Aunts blog' but I'm silly this morning!

Good luck to him!