Sunday, January 18, 2009

Christopher's 7th birthday





Christopher is my sister Grace's son. He turned 7 and I wasn't in Singapore to celebrate his happy day when he turned to be a bee.

Christopher is very special to me. His Dad KY was overseas when he was born. Grace called me in the wee hours of the morning that Christopher was coming, and he wasn't expected for about a week. I got changed to drive to the hospital, when the water engineer said he would drop me.

When I got there, Christopher was just born. I was too late to accompany grace. It didn't matter anyway, the mid wife wouldn't let me in. 

That day, I gained not only a nephew, I also gained a son. An adult university graduated son. KIWI is KY's cousin, he too, rushed to the hospital. The mid wife told him," You can go in, but your mother can't"

It became our standing family joke that was how KIWI became my son and how Christopher made me a grand mother. At every Chinese New year, I would give him a HONG BAO,(cash gift) saying at the same time, let this be the last time I give you one. Next year, you get married and then you give me one.

Happy Birthday, Christopher. I am sure you had a great time.

No comments: