Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Old Pix of Me


This year of the Ox is the first time I have celebrated the Lunar New Year in New Zealand.
My thanks to R & M. They have connected me to many of long lost friends and friends of my siblings. I am full of euphoria.
Nostalgia surged through me, and I sent emails to old school mates and my greetings via this blog. A lot of water has flowed under the bridge. I now use the name Ann that Dad used for my Roman Catholic Baptism. Many of my classmates would not know who Ann Chin is , as Chin is my married name. I told the water engineer that perhaps I should revert back to my madam name when my books make me famous. LOL. My name in school was Chan Kit Suet, Kit Suet is translated as Puresnow. This is the name I use in many of the writer's website.
This pix was taken when I was 14, Elizabeth took it for her photography club practice. The pix then were B & W. I have written before about the tenant from Hell, and we lost all our papers and photos at the Embang Road House. This pix was taken at Buloh Road, a Government quarter. You can see a sneak view of the neighbouring house which is identical to ours. The house has stilts. I sent this pix to my pen pal in England, and she noticed the stilts. We had floods every year. The plants behind me is sugar cane. You can also see my big feet. My late aunty Anna asked why I was wearing such big shoes.

1 comment:

Bitsa Lit said...

oh wow! what a cool pic! yeah, the houses on stilts are a really cool and interesting thing! I love learning about things like that cause you never know when it will come in handy eh?