Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pandas


The water engineer turns to the Chinese Television channel and it kept telecasting the two pandas that China presented to Taiwan on 23 Dec 2008 . These pandas have auspicious names of Tuan Tuan, Yuan yuan. Tuan Yuan means reunion.  It may be a symbol for friendship. I am not going to take sides because I have friends from both mainland China and Taiwan.

My girls had been given many panda stuffed toys, once when My dad went to visit Beijing and his home land in Kwong Liang.

2 comments:

Gordon said...

You may have read on my blog that the Adelaide Zoo is getting two Pandas later this year; we await with great expectations.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Hi Gordon,

Are you planting plenty of bamboo for your pandas. Are they given to you or just as guests. I remember when they were visitng Auckland about twenty years ago, it was really pandemonium. Everyonewants to see them.