Friday, January 30, 2009

Making my own pork jerky/Bak Kuah





Going to all the Lunar New Year Celebrations and meeting old friends made me nostalgic. Before the New year, I bought at the Asian Grocery store some pork jerky/BAK KUAH.  I couldn't find any more. The girl said, they sold out. Still craving fot it, I decided to make my own.
Surfing for a few recipes, I set out to make some. The result wasn't bad. G liked it, but then, she had left Singapore for too long, so anything would be good for her.  I had two true blue Kiwi brothers and they too dug into it. Sam said it was OK, too busy reading his Harry Potter book.
Honesty, it was ok for the first experiment. Next time, G said she will make with me. I should stick to the recipes and not concoct my own.

3 comments:

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Jenny Ho Tks for sharing, now it gets clearer on the process on bak kwa making...

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Julie Chow Ann Chin, can you make abit more & courier to me please....

eastcoastlife said...

Wah, you know how to make Bak Kuah. It's big business here in Singapore. People are starting to queue for the famous bak kuah in Chinatown. :)