Thursday, September 17, 2009

Friday shootout: Domestic animals












http://mytownshootout.blogspot.com/

ASSIGNMENT - SEPT. 18th DOMESTIC ANIMALS Assignment by: SANDY

Great choice, Sandy. New Zealand is a land of farms. Once she was known to have more sheep to man by 14 to 1, I think it has dropped a bit to 10 to 1.

Every year, the Auckland city opens up it's Ambury farm to city sleekers.

The Western Springs has semi wild or ferral ducks, swans, geese, chicken, they belong to the park, but the whole of Auckland, me included, think they belong to them, and especially on Sunday, they come in droves and feed them so much that the birds refuse to eat any more. This causes a problem when the bread decay and cause botulism, and make the birds sick enough that some die. When the rangers tell the well meaning people not to feed especially throwing the bread in the water, some people get offended and them the poor ranger to F*** off.

Sam loves horse riding, so do I, but the horse doesn't like me. He refuses to budge, and recently I watched a TV program. They say the horse feels your tenseness (if there is such a word) he will refuse to move. How do I relax when I am up of the cliff looking down a steep valley. I once even chicken out, willing to forfeit my fees and came back half way by a little wagon.

In my blog, I have many photos of dogs and cats, so I won't post them on here.

25 comments:

aurbie said...

What wonderful photos of your domesticated animals. You certainly have some beautiful land.

I love the hog photos. They are such smart animals.

Do you have any domesticated crabs?

Unknown said...

Its terrible these guest feed the animals...but as usual....people wont listen :D

Barry said...

The animals are beautiful. Well groomed and well photographed.

Cynthia L. H. said...

I LOVE this post!!!!! ;^) Great job! You got almost every animal on the "farm!"
:^)

Anonymous said...

That was so funny to think of you on the horse that might not like you. The Photos are great. You have them all. Blessings
QMM

Jama said...

the animals are so well groom!
I'm going to upload mine soon.

Danton said...

Very well cared for animals. They should be fun to take photos.

Reader Wil said...

Great collection of domestic animals! I see that you have Dutch cows(Frysians) in NZ too! Thanks for your visit.

NanU said...

Great photos. The little hogs are so cute!

Anonymous said...

Great pics.I'm with you - I have a phobia with heights.

RedLan said...

I never had a chance to ride on the horse. But because of this post, I think horse-riding will be one of the must things to do before I die. Fresh milk is originally from New Zealand. No wonder you have great photos of cows. Thanks for sharing Ann.

Unknown said...

fantastic photos! love the piglets, so cute! have a wonderful weekend!

Sarah Sullivan said...

Oh how wonderful are these!! I love seeing things there!! Wonderful place to visit with kids I would think!! Wonderful shoot out hon!!! Sarah

Sara Diana said...

Brilliant photos, I loved the piggies !!!!

Anonymous said...

awww - the little baby piglets! I got peed on by a piglet when I was a girl scout and our troop went to a petting farm.

My mom had made me wear this itchy but warm wool sweater (that I hated). I was not happy about being peed on, but glad to throw away the sweater!

You did a beautiful job, I love all the photos, the pigs just bring back memories. LOL!

GingerV said...

Ann glad to see you have 'all your ducks in a row' LOL -

can you imagine how tall the tree that went with that stump must have been? I hope it HAD to come down.

great shots - have a nice weekend

Bagman and Butler said...

I love to see the white geese all lined up in a row like they are ready to race across the street.

So it's come to this said...

Great shots...I too love the pig best!

Sarah Lulu said...

Loved those pigs! Amazing colours.

Unknown said...

You have a wonderful collection of animals. The farm is really beautiful. The animals all look well cared for. This is a terrific shoot. Thank you so much. I enjoyed my visit.

Carrie said...

The momma hog cracks me up - she is the furriest pig I have ever seen!

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Carrie,

I tried to post this comment, but could, something about CHOOSE A PROFILE.

When I was 13, mum kept some white pink eyes rabbits. They were not meant to be pets but we played with them anyway. Mum wanted to discourage us so that we won't accuse her "You cooked our pets."

She was spared. One night, a pack of wild dogs killed all of them. No more rabbits after that.

Linda,

Same here. She sure is a cutie. I was tempted too to post a photo of my kids.

Ann

A Scattering said...

Those are some funky looking pigs! Great shots.

Unknown said...

love the chickens and the nursing pigs!

J9 said...

I think I like the pigs with their mother the best! all of your photos give me such a sense of NZ, and farming!