Monday, September 7, 2009

Macro Monday: Beschorneria yuccoides (Mexican False Red Yucca)


Macro Monday for 9-7-09 http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/

When Ed proposed Macro photos, I have not attempted taking these photos. At the same time, my daughter D suggested I take them. I started experimenting, and wasn't very successful.

The Bird of Paradise was quite satisfactory.

This flower I took looked like a giant aloe. Sorry I don't know it's name. I will post more photos showing the entire plant.

Update: 14 sept: I found the name, it is Beschorneria yuccoides or a false Mexician Yucca.

lophophora.blogspot.com and http://www.cambridge2000.com/gallery/html/P4186126.html

It is so satisfying solving this.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

beautiful, you should deffinietly keep macro-ing :)

Ed said...

I agree, with Chloe, very nice..:-)

colleen said...

Beautiful shot.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bud. Nice job. I'd like to see more of this flower. :)

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Nice! In it's current form it reminds me of lipsticks.
Good capture.

~Lisa

flowerweaver said...

Lisa is right, looks like lipsticks! If you find out its name, let us know, it's lovely!

Jen Mo said...

That is so beautiful! Great job!

Far Side of Fifty said...

Very different flower..you did great! :)