Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sunday Stills: Mechanical Transportation



I love this AA recovery truck. It is a life saver. I have used him when I had absent minded forgot to turn off the lights on a rainy or misty morning. Once I had to wait for two hours in a cold dark winter dusk. Not very nice. The service man was very apologizing, so I couldn't be mad with him.

I love this because it reminds me of the BIG vehicles that transport brand new cars across the Ambassador bridge from Windsor, Canada to Detroit and vice versa. The cars were placed in double decker levels. My friend N once joked, "I would love to be behind these truck, and if a car breaks away, I would jump into it and the car would be mine". My other friend W, always a skeptic said, " if the car rolls down, you would be dead."
Sunday Stills, the next challenge: Mechanical Transportation
Posted in Sunday Stills Challenge of the Week, the next challenge with tags Sunday Stills Challenge, the next challenge on September 6, 2009 by Ed

I did a long post and had trouble posting the photos. I am now trying a short one, and leave the rest for future postings.Thank you Ed, I love this one. Thank you Ed, I have a love affair with anything that goes Vroom! Vroom! The bigger the better. But the big ones often go so fast that by the time I whip out my camera, it is gone.

My love affair must have started when I was six, and Dad bought of first car.It was a little Fiat 1100, it was little, but we loved it. The license plate was S899. The number was an auspicious one. 8 sounds like prosperous, and 9 sounds like forever. So it was prosperous forever. You may remember the Olympics in Beijing started on the 8th of the 8 of the 8th of the 8th. and last Wednesday, hordes of Chinese rushed to the marriage registry because it was the 9th of the 9, of the 9 of the 9.

3 comments:

Baba said...

Hi Ann, thanks for your visit to my place today...I am always afraid to get behind one of these tow trucks..thinking what if the car broke loose and hit my car behind it..

You ask if I got the electric car for my grands..no their parents did..too expensive for me to buy ..
Hugs, Baba

Bagman and Butler said...

That truck looks like it is making a huge effort. Great shot.

Q said...

I am always concerned the cars will break away too!
I did not know how important the numbers were...thanks for the enlightenment!
Sherry