Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas in Rocket Park: Outdoor wednesday













http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com
To organise an event of this magnitude entertaining 4000, a lot of volunteers are mobilised.

I like the employees of ASB bank who wore yellow T- shirts saying, "I work in the bank, but today, I serve you." In deed they served a lot of BBQ sausage in the famous New Zealand sausage sizzle.

I like my ESOL students too who helped in giving away goodie bags and sild about ten flavours of ice cream. This can be quite daunting and challenging when you are an English student.

Ka Pai to all, and Paki Paki to all, and to Mt Albert Baptist Church who organised this and all our sponsors.

10 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like a fun event. good to know that volunteerism is alive and well in your community.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Everyone looks so happy and like they are having such fun!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a super fun event :)

Marites said...

it's very cool that people get together and volunteer their time and effort just to provide some fun time to the community. what fun shots you have!

Donnie said...

I love the photos of the smiling faces. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.

Cheryl said...

Looks like a very interesting day for all.

Ensurai said...

Hi...lovely thoughts and lovely photos...so full of joy...and appreciation of each other...fellowship at its best.

Anonymous said...

What wonderful photos of a fun event. Enjoy your weekend Ann.

Gattina said...

I wished I could wear summer dresses ! I am sitting in snow !!

lina@happy family said...

Really great and meaningful event :)