Saturday, June 9, 2018

ABC Letter V for very


We always associate my mum with corn. 

She was sowing corn so we could have sweet corn. She counted exactly 11 seeds. I told her there was now only 8 kids as big brother had gone to New Zealand. Mum said," in my heart, I am still growing for him."

On one occasion. She had just migrated to Australia and living in the mountains. She told my dad and brother the land would be very good to grow corn. 

The two men humored her and tilled the land. She sowed the corn and she was very meticulous and  used precious water to water the seedlings.

One morning, they heard her say, "Shoo!Shoo! Naughty Kangaroo." The kangaroos had eaten all her corn seedlings. Those kangaroos were such a nuisance, and Mum never asked Dad to dig the garden for her again. And dad did not offer.



https://abcwednesday.com/

2 comments:

ABC-Wednesday said...

Lovely choice for V ;-)

Have a splendid, ♥-warming ABC-Wednes-day / -week
♫ M e l ☺ d y ♪ (ABC-W-team)
http://melodymusic.nl/22-V

Roger Owen Green said...

I had corn this weekend!