Tuesday, June 26, 2018

Sleep on your side from 28 weeks of pregnancy


Many of you may not know I belong to SANDS still birth and neonatal birth, and I lost a baby. and I cousel newly bereaved mothers.

This is exciting news . I recall with my first pregnancy, my baby did not like me sleeping on my back.

If you have friends, daughters or daughter in laws,  and the are getting pregnant or planning to get marriage, let them read this.

Sleep on your side from 28 weeks  of pregnancy



Listen

New research concludes expectant mothers sleeping on their side in the last trimester helps prevent stillbirth.
While this has been common advice for pregnant women, a decade of research carried out in three countries has confirmed the very consistent association between sleeping position and stillbirth. 
The Sleep on Side; Stillbirth Prevention Campaign includes brochures for pregnant women and health professionals and a social media video 
Kathryn Ryan speaks with lead researcher Head of the University of Auckland's Obstetrics and Gynaecology Department Professor Lesley McCowan.

No comments: