Saturday, September 7, 2013

garden snails







My favourite snail meal was in Sibu when we just moved back to the Embang road house after many many years. Rose's family were staying with us, Elizabeth's family came to help clear the land and put up the fence. There were so many garden snails and it was super delicious. I was only 11 so I don't know how it was cooked but it was one of the yummiest meal.

I saw on Gordon Ramsay's cooking show that you can pick up the garden snail from the garden. Keep spraying your garden with water all the time and snails will turn up especially those places out of the sun. Then feed the snails with water constantly for 3 days until the snails' dropping turns orange. That means that it is clean to eat.

We have so many many snails along our road footpath after the rain. Big and mini ones. I always say we must harvest them, but Jessie don't like me scavenging off the road. Jessie is embarrassed that I pick up things like throw out tricycles and fish pond. They are still good to use, just old. 

by my youngest sister Grace.



Snail slime has been elevated from the garden, and is now being 
claimed as the new miracle face-fixer in the U.S.
While creams containing snail slime have been popular in Korea 
and Africa for a few years, brands such as Missha, Dr. Jart+ and 
Labcconte have begun to bring them to the US.
Primarily marketed as an acne solution, the shelled slug's mucus 
is also believed to reduce pigmentation and scarring, as well as 
beat wrinkles.

Snail slime-based beauty products have been used sporadically 
since the Ancient Greeks recognised its potential, with 
Hippocrates reportedly recommending crushed snails to relieve 
inflamed skin.




I bought a jar topday.

No comments: