Friday, November 9, 2012

Photohunt: Breakfast/Hope NY Church and Al Ngu.


Al, Ing Bing, my daughter and I had a light breakfast in the airport.
In August 1975, I left Kai Chung School for Canada. I left behind my form class, Form 2A . There were a few students I remembered very well. They were well behaved, studied well and were active in sports.  You could say they were all rounders, and every teacher's dream. Among them, were these two, Tang Ing Bing and Al Ngu. Al had a sister in the class. Kai Chung school remains to be the best place I have worked.

In 1986, I returned with my 2 year old daughter from New Zealand. In one airport which I couldn't remember, I bumped into them. They were now a medical student and an engineering student. They were just as surprised as me. They treated me a drink and we talked.

Fast forward to 2012, we met at cyberspace via Facebook. Many of the students from Kai Chung school were looking for friends and teachers to join them for their reunion. It took me a long time to decide to join them. Ing Bing is now a gynaecologist and obstetrician at the Rejang Medical Centre and I was very privileged that he gave me a private tour of the centre.

Al couldn't make it from New York. As a Christian and a teacher, it is the greatest honour to have a student become a pastor and serve the Lord. He told me he is working as an engineer and working for the church.

For these two boys, I am so proud. Of course there are others too.

Photo: Thanks Lena Pratt for this nice FCUK blazer all the way from London! Ready for church service and also for a wedding coming up where I will be saying prayer! :)
Here's Al. His sister Lena, now in England gave his his new suit.

with daughter Rachel and wife Doreen.



Helping out in the Operation Sandy/ a lot of breakfast to prepare.
Doreen at work.



www.hopenychurch.org

Sunday Services

18 W 18th st,
New York, NY 10011
service: 11:00 AM
lunch: 12:30 PM


2 comments:

Gattina said...

What a big breakfast ! nothing for me, I am never hungry in the morning !

EG CameraGirl said...

Wonderful, Ann. Wonderful.