Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My World Tuesday: Yakutia/ Russian horse whip: "deybiir" (pronounced as 'day-bee-r').



http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

I have been visiting my Yakutia friend frequently and she has told me a lot of this Russian State.

By 2012 Yakutia will be the native land of all Russian horses
Friday, 25 April 2008
http://www.yakutia.org/

ImageBy 2012 livestock of horses in Yakutia is going to be 80% of entire horses population in Russia - stated Roman Dmitriev, the head of Minselkhoz (the Ministry of Agriculture), on Monday at the conference with the President of the republic Vyacheslav Shtyrov.

According to him, since 2006, herd horse breeding, as the leading traditional branch of stock raising in the republic, is included in priority national project “Development of APK” and as a separate subsection - into the state development program of agriculture of Russian Federation during the years 2008-2012.
Last Updated ( Saturday, 27 February 2010 )

She showd me this horse whip which is used for ceremonial purposes.
The horse hair whip in Yakut (Sakha) called "deybiir" (pronounced as 'day-bee-r'). She also tells me that they rear a special breed of horse for their meat.

http://annkschin.blogspot.com/2010/02/new-friends.html

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Cute and informative..but why so susah to say one! I had a tongue twister in the morning :) Have a good week Ann..hugs/M

Ensurai said...

How informative this post is!! I love horses...and read "The Horse Whisperer" the moment it came out.
I watched Robert Redford in the extraordinary movie several times in this ( im)possible little place called Miri!!...

Rajesh said...

Very interesting.

Diane AZ said...

Nice picture, the hair looks soft and I like the bead work.

Eden said...

Great post, Ann. My first time to see this Russian horse whip. My husband was into horses years ago and now my daughter wants to own one.

Anonymous said...

How interesting! Nice post, and the whip is even cute :-)

Oman said...

truly lovely shot. i learn something new. thanks for sharing.