Sunday, March 14, 2010

sunday stills: Sunrise, sunset





The above three photos were sun rise. I am a late owl, when I wake up, I am running around like a headless chicken, and don't have time to look up in the sky to see the sun rise. This day, I made an exception so I can participate in this challenge.






These ones are sun sets.

http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/

In school, our teachers told us the Sun rise in the East, and set in the West. One day, my adult student asked me if this is the same in New Zealand, in the Southern hemisphere.
I was stumped, I told her I am an English Teacher, and I will find out. I searched the internet, and am quite certain it does the same.

7 comments:

Ed said...

Great shots, love the last one best..;-)

Sandy Trefger said...

The last one is my favorite too! Interesting question about New Zealand I would think it is the same but what do I know. LOL

VioletSky said...

It would be more than a little odd if the southern hemisphere started rotating in the opposite direction!

Ebie said...

It is really worth waking up early to greet the sunshine! Nice colors of the morning sun.

Achieve1dream said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. If you let the ducks hatch out their own eggs it would depend on the breed of duck or even the individual. If she's raising them completely by herself she'll probably only hatch once a year. If you're taking the ducklings away from her as soon as they hatch she may set again and hatch out some more. Most farmers here in the US use incubators to hatch so we can hatch out as many ducklings as eggs they lay. I hope this answers your question. :)

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Yes, Ann it is the same in the southern hemisphere, the sun rises in the east and sets in the west.
Beautiful photos.

Anonymous said...

Nice job. Very pretty in your part of the world. :)