Friday, February 24, 2012

Plunket and me.





I’ve signed up as an online collector for Plunket's 2012 Appeal.

Plunket’s Appeal raises vital funds for a wide variety of services , such as parenting education courses, car seat safety schemes, education in schools, toy libraries and many other valuable resources and programmes.

In the 80s, I was a young mum 3 times. I had no family in New Zealand. Plunket was family to me. Plunket's care was epitomised when I was sick when I was pregnant with Andrew and after he had died. I could never repay what Plunket did for me. I tried by collecting door to door, I tried by writing about Plunket. I wrote in detail about Plunket's help in my book and in my other posts.

Diary of a bereaved Mother http://annkitsuetchin.blogspot.co.nz/

http://ann-mythoughtsandphotos.blogspot.co.nz/2010/11/christmas-in-rocket-park-2010-and.html

http://annkschin.blogspot.co.nz/2009/06/plunket-society.html
These services rely on community support to keep going. Your support will assist Plunket to give every New Zealand child the best start in life.

Please consider making a small donation, every dollar counts. Thank you for your support!


This year they're trying something a bit different: an online version of the traditional street collection. Please click on this link:



http://appealcollector.plunket.org.nz/collect/annchinplunketappeal
ann Chin

8 comments:

wenn said...

that was very kind of u..

Karin said...

So glad when organizations are there to truly help young parents! What a lovely picture of you!

Jama said...

I'm getting fed up with unable to read the word verification clearly too but how to disabled them? care to share how you did it?

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Hi Jama,

This is how to do it.

Go to your dashboard, click on settings, click on Comments, and scroll down to where is says: "Show Word Verification for Comment"----There's a YES and NO… Click on NO…. Save your change…. That should do it.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Megan Lee I have had seven babies, and five of them have been Plunket babies. :)

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Ellen Hopes That's the our children would wanted positive work for children in their name.

Ensurai said...

Wonderful idea from a great mum!! Best wishes!!

Marja said...

Good on ya!!!