Monday, April 27, 2009

Auckland, my city


According to the Mercer 2009 Quality of Living survey, which covered 215 cities and was based on criteria including political, social, economic and environmental factors.

Auckland jumped one place from last year to join Canada's Vancouver in fourth place, while Wellington stayed 12th on the list.

Austrian capital Vienna took No 1, knocking Switzerland's Zurich and Geneva into second and third respectively.

The global recession meant many organisations were reviewing international appointments and cities with favourable rankings had an advantage when it came to attracting expatriates, Mercer spokesman Rob Knox says.

"Despite the financial crisis, New Zealand remains a very attractive market for expats-- particularly as a career development opportunity for high potentials."

Welcome to Auckland.

In both my blogs, I have many posts on Auckland. You will enjoy visiting this beautiful city.

Photo taken from Devonport, you can drive across the Auckland harbour bridge or take a ferry.

2 comments:

Gordon said...

Congratulations to Auckland. I have not visited, but my son and his girlfriend loved it when they visited last year.

Bitsa Lit said...

Yay Auckland!! I cant wait to go there! It reminds me of Toronto from the water...only auckland looks cleaner i think lol!