Tuesday, February 16, 2010

My World Tuesday: Australian Boomerangs



http://showyourworld.blogspot.com/

Boomerangs are probably Australia's most famous icon. It is a curved wooden instrument used for sports or hunting. I have never been successful to throw it to get it come back to me. They are supposed to come back to you if you miss you target animal, but mine never does. I don't jump up and down with glee because my boomerang has not hit my target. Instead, it is my technique that it not correct.

Have you ever tried throwing a boomerang?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boomerang

4 comments:

L. Neusiedler said...

I have never even seen one! they look amazing, true works of art!

Lavender and Vanilla Friends of the Gardens said...

Hi Ann, the boomerangs are beautiful. I have never thrown one; I am not good at throwing things!

Ensurai said...

Most of the boomerangs I have are souvenirs from Australia. And I have never actually seen a hunter throw one. It would never be useful in Sarawak where thick jungles rule.

But it is interesting to understand the dynamics of this primitive insturment which can come back to the thrower...how did they do it at the beginning!!??

Oman said...

oooh i remember to have broken a window with a boomerang. cool shot.