Saturday, December 20, 2008

Basic ingredients for my cooking.





My cooking is very simple.

The basic ingredients are onion, garlic, and ginger.

The others are sugar, like soya sauce, and salt.

The family likes Thai Tom Yum, for this, I add a Tom Yum Paste, tamarind or assam paste, chillis or chillis flakes and sometimes lemon juice.

I am very flexible, I use what is available. In Singapore, I use lemon grass, kaffir leaves and curry leaves. But these are very expensive here, so I don't use them.

Curry chicken is also a favourite dish. Sometimes, I add coconut milk to make it a sinfully delight. Now, Gab likes to go vegetarain. I have cooked a curry hummus. To go with the curry, I cook a yellow rice, with tumeric for the peasants and safforn for special guests.

I used to cook a A1 Top Size black vinegar pork trotter soup. But not anymore, everyone has become health conscious.

Watch my chopper, this is the only knife I need.

No comments: