Monday, December 22, 2008

Doggy bags of a different kind


I really hate it when I see irresponsible dog owners when they take their pooches to public places and leave behind their dogs' shit.

In many Auckland parks, there are these green dog reminding people to take a plastic bag and clean up after their dogs.

Once, I was with another teacher getting a public park ready for our cross country run. Among where the littlies were going to sit, was a mount of dog turd. I could have look away, but my conscience won't let me leave the repulsive stinking mass which some poor kid would definitely sit on. With @@#$**!, I went to the car for some tissue paper to clean it up. It was a horrible stinking mass.

The next day, I taught my kids about social responsiblity. Some kids asked why I bothered to clean it up. I asked. What if I didn't? They laughed, they were sure a little one would cry.

No comments: