Thursday, April 5, 2012

Friday Shootout: Secret Garden






I have posted this photo, but I really love it. One day, I was walking along Mt Eden Road. I have not walked this road for twenty years. Down in the valley, in between two buildings was this gem. It is so well hidden that unless you look down the valley, you won't see it. It was so beautiful, just what I would dream about.
There was a man working down there, so I was discrete when taking the pix. I suppose if I told him I was a keen gardener, he would kindly show me his crops.
I wonder if an original building had been torn down, and the place left to become a bush. The man took it upon himself to make this garden. He puts me to shame with his manicured garden, and when I look at my unruly and abandoned one.



April 6: Hidden Niches A quiet spot for coffee, a place to read a book or a secret garden...Do some peeking around town, share what you find.




link to Mr Linky at the Friday shoot out link below.
http://mytownshootout.blogspot.com

10 comments:

My Mind's Eye said...

Good Morning Ann.
What lovely photos today and I also enjoyed the trip to Africa on your other blog. I love anything with music.
Hugs Madi and Mom

Ginny Hartzler said...

How wonderful!! Maybe some time you could ask him if you can come in and look close-up. He would probably be delighted with your interest.

Pauline said...

What a delightful hidden niche, Ann.

GingerV said...

yes a hidden garden works. love it. I can imagine a small table or a bench, early morning coffee listening to bird song and smelling the morning dew. great find.

Jama said...

That's one delightful place to be in!

Zenserly said...

such a well manicured garden...I hope you could get near and take shots of the beautiful plants :-)smiling here when I read that part where you mentioned your not so taken cared of garden because these days I do more blogging than gardening...

Libby said...

I love your secret garden, and your words about it!

Cheryl said...

These are simply gorgeous. How kind of you to take care not to disturb the man tending to this secret garden.

Bagman and Butler said...

I love the little white chair at the far end -- the gardner's niche within a niche. I suspect that you could have told him the truth - that you loved his garden - and he would have been overjoyed. On the other hand, the kind of secret feeling of spying on him increases the "nicheness"...if that is a word.

Louis la Vache said...

What a lovely discovery! It seems it would be a quiet and relaxing place to spend some time in. Very inviting!