Monday, April 23, 2012

Outdoor Wed: Auckland Domain


Saya and Kay
With Kay under the Gingko tree. I told them, in New Zealand, the Kiwis call it the Chinese fruit tree aka the smelly tree.
I wonder why Kay wanted us to stand so far away, you can't even see our faces.


I met Kay and Saya at the entrance of the Auckland Domain. Kay had a big camera, and I showed my little camera. I asked if they wanted to take photos of flowers. Kay and Saya have come to Auckland for 5 days from Okinawa. Kay wanted to take the photo under the Gingko tree. I took them to the Winter Garden.

I gave them my card, and Saya wrote her email address. We have had made friends this way, just starting with a hi. My grand pa used to say, "No need to cut some grass." meaning no effort at all.

30 over years ago, the water engineer and I met a mother, and her 10 year old son and 9 year old daughter.. We introduced ourselves, and we even took them home for a home cooked fish dinner. The boy was happy to have a home cooked meal after traveling for a while. When we took them back to the hotel, she told us to wake at the lobby. She came down with a beautiful dress, a silk bag and a special bangle.





http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Jo said...

What a lovely story, Ann. You are a people's person; with your kind nature you must have lots of good friends. Blessings and hugs Jo

Ginny Hartzler said...

They are good pictures, maybe she wanted the far away one so you can see the whole tree! Then the closer ones to see your faces.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

I wanted to take the close up photo so I can see their faces. Pity there were no passer bys to take one of the three of us.