Friday, September 18, 2009

Looking for old friends from Japan and New York


My friends say I have the gift of the gab, I also have an exceptional gift to connect people. I am not ashame of this. My grand dad advised us to live based on this policy," There is no need to cut some grass to say Hi." Grass is free, cutting grass takes little effort. By just saying hi, I made lots of friends internationally.

These friends from Japan and New York are indeed friends from me saying Hi. As I did last week's post on 9/11, I again think of them. These photos are twenty years old. The children's parents come from Ghana and they now live in London.

Do any of you know who they are? We were living in Singapore at the Nanyang Technological University. We were in the staff residences of a 4 storey building, quite unusual in Singapore. We met them in the Singapore Jurong Bird Park. How I managed to pack every one into my small Mazda 323, I can't remember. May be I did two trips.

1 comment:

Ensurai said...

Hi
Aren't old photos just superb?Good
Memories bring such warmth and delight...Have a good day.
I am sad however to think that so many parents today teach their kids not to be friendly or even smile......
Look at the unsmiling mothers and their children....it is the saddest scene in the world.