Thursday, January 8, 2009

Old Flower Pot 2


Ann,

From your photo and description it appears to be quite old and the lack of a
country of origin mark would indicate it could have been made in China or
Japan and not made for export or the country would be identified. The oldest
mark identifying China was around 1900, Japan 1921. Our book of "marks" does
not list a Pedder, and I can not find any other reference that looks
credible. I asked Wifey to look at your pictures also, but she does not
have any better clues to its origin. Sorry, I can't be of more help. One
suggestion, watch for an appraisal fair in your area, these events are
advertised in local papers.
Good Luck.
Dean

Subject: Re: Reply to Collectors Quest


Hi Dean,

I have no idea where it is made in. I have no idea how old it is.

It was given to me by a friend who left the country. It came in an old
tattered but looked originally good quality blue box, which I have thrown
away.

The word Pedder was "burnt" inside at around 1 inch under the rim.

The under the rim, and other markings are gold.

The pot is thin and very delicate.

The flower looks Chinese.

Thanks, and a belated New Year,

Ann
--- On Wed, 1/7/09, The Dean wrote:

From: The Dean
Subject: Reply to Collectors Quest
To: annkschin@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, January 7, 2009, 6:05 AM
Ann,
Thank you for reading my post on Collectors Quest. I
don't know if I can help you with your porcelain piece.
If the name is inside, is it a paper label? Was it made in
Hong Kong? Do you have any clue to its age?
And a big help would be if you can send a digital picture
to my email address.

Best Regards

The Dean
Staff Writer
dean-ferber@sbcglobal.net

Please continue to view and enjoy Collectors' Quest
www.collectorsquest.com

No comments: