Friday, February 20, 2009

Concert Performance by kindy kids

The first few nursery rhymes I learnt were Twinkle Twinkle little star, Row Row Row, your boat and Baa Baa Black sheep.

Instead of Baa Baa black sheep, the Kiwi children have their own version of Baa Baa White sheep.

Baa Baa White Sheep

Baa Baa White Sheep,
Have you any wool?
No sir, No sir, no needles full.
None to make a jumper.
None to make a frock.
None for the little boy with holes in his socks

It seems more appropriate as there are more white sheep than black sheep.

***G performed this twice, the kids looked alike, and even the star performer couldn't tell which sheep she was, neither did her mother who went to watch twice.***

4 comments:

Barry said...

Come to think of it I'm not sure I've ever seen a black sheep, outside photographs.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Hi Barry,

In New Zealand, where sheep out number human beings, there is the occasional dark brown/black sheep.

Next time I see one on my trips out of Auckland, I will get out of the car, and snap a photo just for you.

Or I might smuggle one and ship it to you. LOL. I wrote about it.

http://annkschin.blogspot.com/2008/11/sheep.html

Fernanda Ferreira - Ná said...

Hi Ann,
In Portugal we say that every flock has a black sheep... but in this context it's implied that the black sheep is not a good one.

Honestly, I have seen plenty, especially in the South, Alentejo area and find them simply adorable.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

May be this is why the Baa Baa black sheep has no wool? LOL