Thursday, February 12, 2009

Fire in Australia

Terrible fire burning across the ditch in Australia.

Fire burning so badly that our New Zealand skies have an orangy glow.

Today, Auckland's temperature went up to a record of 32.4 degrees C.

Never in a hundred years did we had such high temperature.

Some say the heat blew over from Australia.

If we, are complaining the heat, we can't imagine how it was to perish in the Victorian fires.

My sympathies to all families and friends who have lost loved ones and homes.

I thank my lucky stars, my four siblings and their children are safe in Queensland.

2 comments:

Reader Wil said...

Thank you Ann. I didn't know you also had children in Queensland. My daughter also lives in Queensland near Cooktown.

Ann, Chen Jie Xue 陈洁雪 said...

Wil,

It's my brothers and sisters and family who are there. My daughter is going there for a holiday tomorrow.

Can you imagine it? On Thursday, we had our hottest temperature of 32.4 degree. This morning, it was 18 degrees, and we are all wearing winter jackets.