Sunday, February 1, 2009

Eden Park






Eden Park 

Home to rugby and cricket. This is the second time I got near to Eden Park. The first was when the South African Spring Bok's tour in  1981. We were living in Kingsland and were walking near the Kingsland Train Station. The then Prime Minister Robert Muldoon, whose public position was that politics should not interfere with sport. 

There we saw the protestors holding banners chanting, one, two, three, four, we don't want your racist tour. The late David Lange, the then opposition leader was among the protestors. I wanted to join them and be part of History, but the water engineer stopped me. Things could get nasty as the supporters of the tour were also there. Some were shouting," Commie, go home."

I took my photographs at the exit 29. 

No comments: